Cozy, stylish, and extra warm. This double knit headband is simple and fun to work up. Once you learn how to knit this headband you will want to make one in every colour!
Twisted headband knitting pattern
- 8mm 16″ circular knitting needles
- We Are Knitters The Petit Wool (You could also use other lvl 4 or lvl 5 yarn)
- Darning needle
14 sts x 16 rows = 4″ x 4″
- Headband is 6.25” tall
- Fits 20-22” head circumference
- written for adult size
Using 8mm circular needles cast on 42 stitches. Join in the round. Make sure to leave a longer tail when casting on
Row 1-80: knit each round
Knit until headband reaches 20″ in length.
Cast off. Cut a long tail roughly 12″ long
Creating the twist
Check out the video to watch how to create the twist. Written instructions are below.
- Lay the tube out flat. Make sure the body of the tube is not twisted
- Sew each end of the tube closed.
- Fold each end of the headband into a “V”
- Take the top of the fold from your right hand and place it in the middle of the “v” in your left hand
- Take the bottom of the fold from your left hand and place it in the middle of the “v” in your right hand
- Sew through the folds from one end to the other.
- Flip the headband inside out and you are done!
Follow me on instagram! @thenorthernmoose
This pattern is an original pattern by Meg Hardison of The Northern Moose. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. Please do not reprint this pattern on your site. You may keep a copy of for your own personal use but please do not sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me Meg Hardison and link back to The Northern Moose Blog. Permission is not granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!