The Harriet beanie works up to be so squishy, warm and full of texture. Elegant addition to your fall/winter wardrobe. This is a fitted style hat made with Lion Brand Thick and Quick.
Knitting this hat with chunky yarn makes for a quick knit. Making it a great hat to make while cozied up inside one evening.
Keep scrolling to find the free pattern below.
Harriet Beanie Knitting Pattern
Beginner friendly easy adult hat knitting pattern.
- This is a fitted style hat
- It was sized for the average adult head
- If you’d like the hat to be slouchy instead of fitted knit 4 more rows before decreasing
- The pattern is worked over a 3 row repeat with an even number of stitches. If you’d like to make this in a smaller size, cast on fewer even amount of stitches
RELATED: Spiral Beanie
- Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick (This hat was knit using the colour Succulent)
- 9mm 16″ circular knitting needles
- 10mm 16″ circular knitting needles
- 10mm double pointed needles
- Tapestry needle
- Optional: faux fur pom pom
- K: knit
- P: purl
- k2tog: knit two together
- DPN: double pointed needles
- Repeat anything in (brackets) until the end
2.25 stitches/ 1 inch x 3.5 rounds/ 1 inch
Using your 9mm circular needles
Cast on 44 stitches
Row 1-6: (k1, p1)
Switch to 10mm knitting needles
Row 7: Knit the entire row
Row 8: Purl the entire row
Row 9: (k1,p1)
Row 10-24: repeat rows 7-9
Row 25: (k3, k2tog), k2 (34 stitches remaining)
Row 26: Purl the entire row
Row 27: (k1,p1)
Row 28: (k2, k2tog), k2 (26 stiches remaining)
Row 29: Purl the entire row
Row 30: (k1,p1)
Switch to DPN’s
Row 28: (k1, k2tog) (18 stitches remaining)
Row 29: (k2tog) (9 stitches remaining)
Cut a long tail and weave through the remaining stiches on the needle.
Weave in ends and add a pom pom!
Follow me on instagram! @thenorthernmoose
This pattern is an original pattern by Meg Hardison of The Northern Moose. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. Please do not reprint this pattern on your site. You may keep a copy of the pattern for your own personal use, but please do not sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me Meg Hardison and link back to The Northern Moose Blog. Permission is not granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!
This Post Has 3 Comments
Thank you for sharing this gorgeous pattern! If I wanted to make a scarf, would I follow the same repeats? I’m a new knitter, so I’m not sure if knitting flat would make a difference.
Yes, knitting flat would change the repeats. If you send me an email through my contact form I can better explain this to you.
Have a great day!
Thank you! This is a perfect hat pattern for me to knit as Christmas gifts! Marilyn