The Stonemill beanie was knit using Red Heart Soft Essentials in the colour charcoal.
This slouchy knit hat has beautiful texture worked throughout the body of the hat, making it a stylish hat to add to your winter attire. An easy and beginner friendly hat knitting pattern.
- 5.5mm 16″ circular knitting needles
- 6mm 16″ circular knitting needles
- 6mm double pointed needles
- Yarn: Red Heart Soft Essentials (lvl 5)
- stitch marker
- Scissors, darning needle
Knit in the round.
Yarn: Bulky (5) Red Heart Soft Essentials
Size: Adult (21″-23″)
Yardage: 117 yrds
Gauge: Stockinette 3.75st/1″ | 5 rows/1″
- knit two together
- K: Knit
- P: Purl
- **: Repeat stitches within
- k2tog: knit two together
- sts: stitches
- DPN’s: double pointed needles
Related: Neva Hat knitting pattern
- The brim of the hat is knit using a smaller needle size (5.5mm or 5mm will work). If you do not have a smaller needles size you can knit the whole hat using 6mm circular needles.
- The style of this hat is slouchy. If you would like a more fitted style; knit fewer rows
- You can substitute the yarn for a similar bulky (5) yarn
Stonemill Hat Knitting Pattern
With your 5.5mm circular knitting needles, cast on 68 stitches, place marker and join in the round.
Row 1-8: *(k1, p1)*
Body: Switch to 6mm needles
Row 9: *(p1,k1)
Row 10: *(p1,k3)*
Row 11-48: repeat rows 9 and 10
Row 49: *(k2,k2tog)* (51sts)
Row 50: Knit
Switch to 6mm DPN
Row 51: *(k1, k2tog)* (34sts)
Row 52: *(k2tog)* (17sts)
Cut a long tail and weave through the remaining stitches on the needle. Cinch closed and weave in ends.
This pattern is an original pattern by Meg Hardison of The Northern Moose. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. Please do not reprint this pattern on your site. You may keep a copy of the pattern for your own personal use, but please do not sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me Meg Hardison and link back to The Northern Moose Blog. Permission is not granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!