Get ready for spooky season with this simple Halloween hat!
Halloween tiny hearts beanie
- 8mm 16″ circular knitting needles
- 9mm 16″ circular knitting needles
- 9mm double pointed needles
- 4 colours of lvl 6 super bulky yarn. 1 for the main colour, 3 for the heart colours
- stitch markers
- optional: faux fur pompom
- I use Loops and threads cozy wool for this hat in the colours black, burnt orange, African violet, and sweet grass. Lion Brands Thick and Quick would be an alternative yarn to use for this project.
2.5 stitches/ 1 inch x 3.5 rounds/ 1 inch – 4 inch fair isle stitch
- k- knit
- k2tog- knit 2 together
- MC- main colour
- C1- contrasting colour 1
- C2- contrasting colour 2
- C3- contrasting colour 3
- * *- repeat everything between the asterisks until end of round
- DPN- double pointed needles
CHECK OUT MORE FREE HAT KNITTING PATTERNS HERE
- Finished Dimensions 21″ circumference and 10 inches tall.
Using MC cast on 48 stitches using 8mm knitting needles. Join in the round.
Row 1-6: *k1,p1* repeat until end
Switch to 9mm knitting needles
Row 7: knit round with MC
Row 8: K1 C1, *K3 MC, K1 C1*
Row 9: knit round with MC
Row 10: K2 MC, K1 C1, *K3 MC, K1 C1*
Row 11: knit round with MC
Row12: K1 C1, *K3 MC, K1 C1*
Row 13: knit round with MC
Row 14: K2 MC, K1 C1, *K3 MC, K1 C1*
Row 15: knit round with MC
Row 16: K1 C2, *K3 MC, K1 C2*
Row 17: knit round with MC
Row18: K2 MC, K1 C2, *K3 MC, K1 C2*
Row 19: knit round with MC
Row 20:K1 C2, *K3 MC, K1 C2*
Row 21: knit round with MC
Row 22: K2 MC, K1 C2, *K3 MC, K1 C2*
Row 23: knit round with MC
Row 24:K1 C3, *K3 MC, K1 C3*
Row 25: knit round with MC
Row 26: K2 MC, K1 C3, *K3 MC, K1 C3*
Row 27: knit round with MC
Row 28:K1 C3, *K3 MC, K1 C3*
Row 29: knit round with MC
Row 30:K2 MC, K1 C3, *K3 MC, K1 C3*
Row 31: knit round with MC
Row 32: With MC *K2, k2tog*
Row 33: Knit with MC around
Switch to 9mm DPN
Row 34: With MC*k1,k2tog*
Row 35: With MC*k2tog*
Cut a long tail and weave through remaining stitches. Cinch closed.
Weave in ends.
Optional: add a faux fur pom pom
Follow me on instagram! @thenorthernmoose
This pattern is an original pattern by Meg Hardison of The Northern Moose. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. Please do not reprint this pattern on your site. You may keep a copy of for your own personal use but please do not sell the pattern or distribute it.
You may sell products made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me Meg Hardison and link back to The Northern Moose Blog. Permission is not granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for being respectful and for your understanding!